Thursday, July 24, 2014

Umm, Checking In, Kinda

No posts for two weeks!

In my defense, my life has been crazy around here.  However, I'm fairly proud of the fact that I have still (mostly) kept my eating in line despite the insanity.  Also, my exercise has been consistent, hooray for that!  With all my hard work, my official weigh in last Sunday was at 148.0 lbs.  Which means I've lost all the weight I put on during vacation.

*doing a little happy dance*

I know, some people might look at me askance for celebrating re-losing weight I had already lost the month before, but let's face it, in the reality of long-term healthy weight maintenance, vacation is going to throw you off track.   Maybe once or twice you've probably gone on vacation and still managed to hold fast to your ultra-low-carb lifestyle or whatever strict diet is currently in vogue, but most of us like to enjoy ourselves on vacation-- and in my case, that means enjoying the meals out that I'm eating.  It also means snacking like crazy while trying to stay awake on a long car drive.  So I'm not going to get down on myself and focus on the fact that if I hadn't gained any vacation weight I would be that much farther ahead.  Instead, I'm going to focus on the fact that I enjoyed my vacation, and then got back into my healthy eating groove when I got home!  (That's the tricky part.)

No comments:

Post a Comment