Thursday, July 10, 2014

Yikes!!!

Vacation is HARD when it comes to weight loss.  I know that up front, and I try to resign myself to the fact that I will not make any progress during a trip.  Hoping the lessen any weight gain I still stick to an exercise regime and try to be somewhat conscious of my food choices.

This time I was particularly pleased with myself because I even managed to get in a full 13 mile run Saturday morning, including hills (a new experience for a girl who lives in desert flat land).  But I can't say I ate sensibly.  Not exactly.

Still, I couldn't help the shock when I stepped on the scale back home and found I'd gained nearly 7 pounds!

All that work I've done over the last two months, completely down the tube.  But there is an important weight loss lesson here too.  I could throw in the towel, beat myself up for "failing," and simply eat my way back up the scale.  Or I can pick myself up off the ground, remind myself that I only fail if I give up, and wade back into the fray again.

I choose option #2.  It's not over yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment