Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Good news!

Well, so much for checking in tomorrow.  My life has turned into a never-ending merry-go-round of craziness-- at least it feels that way at the moment.  I'm hoping it settles down soon (or I get used to my new normal).

Anyway, positive encouragement came my way in spades this weekend.  I had more than one person out of the blue ask if I'm losing weight and comment that I'm really looking fit!  Honestly, I think nothing boosts me more than sincere compliments from other people (especially when they don't know I'm trying to lose weight-- somehow it makes the compliments more real).  Second, my weigh in this weekend came in at 145.8.  Wow!  Finally something to show for my hard work!  Judging by the past I will probably see it up higher again...but still, this is very encouraging.

Continuing on with the normal.  I'm up to 14 miles on my long Saturday runs, preparing for the marathon.  I think it's finally time for me to look into marathon nutrition.  Just eating normal and enjoying the big calorie burning day has been good enough so far, but I'm really running out of steam towards the end of those runs.  I'll need to find a good solution that doesn't stop my weight loss cold.  (I don't think I want to try carbo loading-- but I need to do some research first.)

Don't give up!  We only fail if we quit~

No comments:

Post a Comment