Friday, June 13, 2014

Baby Blues

I have been a bad blogger. I think that when a person is excited about losing weight or achieving weight loss goals it is a lot easier to blog. Excitement over something makes the words pour out! I am not sure what is going on with me these days, I just feel a little blue. I don't know if I go so far as to say I am depressed (although that is probably more accurate) so I prefer to label it as 7 months after having a baby I am still feel a little post-pardum blue-ness. Don't get me wrong, I haven't given up on losing weight, I am just in a state of appatheticness about it (is that a word?).

Anyhoo. I am still plugging along. I finally lost weight this week. I was just ready to give myself an extra cheat day (in honor of fathers day - that's a holiday, right?) because I haven't been losing much weight and I didn't see the point in being so strict with myself. But then I stepped on the scale and saw that I had lost 3 lbs, so it kicked me in the butt to keep doing what I am doing, Slow and steady is tough though...I struggle with whether I can keep going or what the point is.

I think Fridays should be my official weigh in day because it is my slow work day and I am more likely to blog :). So this morning I weighed in at 195.6. I am 5 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight (I had slowly let 40lbs creep back up on me, it took 4 years to gain those 40lbs but come back they did).

As for exercise I am struggling with the fact that I seem to hate running, so instead of pushing myself to run a lot, I went back to the Ragnar training schedule for beginners. I need to think of myself as a beginner again. I don't plan on running a Ragnar anytime soon but it really starts out slow and works you up to a long distance. This is the training plan that I used with lots of success in 2010, so hopefully it works out again this time.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with that training plan! I don't know if my plan is going to work for a marathon. Last Saturday left my joints just creaking. Are you planning to do the trail run in January as well? (The shorter one.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That thought never really occurred to me, but I should do the short one...Any race that close to home I should support :)

    ReplyDelete