Monday, May 5, 2014

Amy's Intro

Hi, I'm Amy. Not all a new to this weight loss thing. Second time slim might be more accurate at 8th or 9th time slim. I have been dieting in some form off and on for the past 10 years (I should have started way before that but never really took it seriously after a failed attempt at Jenny Craig when I was 13). Ten years ago I was first really successful with a modified fast diet that was monitored by a doctor and lost 70 lbs. The problem with "modified fasts" is you can't eat that way forever, so once I tried to eat normal that was that and I gained the weight back. So I went on like this for 5 years....a few months on the modified fast, a few months off, losing weight and gaining weight constantly. Then I had my first daughter and realized that I don't want her to constantly struggle with weight and the best way to try and accomplish that was to be a better example for her. So I cut out dairy, started counting calories, running and lost 95lbs. I did pretty OK and staying in a good-ish healthy range for myself for three years. Then I got pregnant with number 2 baby and couldn't keep up the exercise while pregnant. My baby is now 6 months old and I still need to lose 60 lbs. I am doing it a little different this time around. I am still counting calories but I do allow myself a cheat day once a week, which is a slower weight loss process but something I think I am keep up for a very long time.

So here's where I am at:

Starting Weight: 200.2
Goal Weight: 140.


Non weight loss goals are to get back to running. I have worked my way up to a 5k after having baby #2 and would like to be able to run the Half Marathon of the Phoenix Marathon in March of 2015.

Lets do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment