Friday, May 9, 2014

Inspiration

I spent the morning reading my weight loss blog I kept 4 years ago when I first discovered weight loss blogs and decided to keep one myself. I had this vague idea that when I first started running and losing weight that it was easy and I have been a little depressed that this time is not as shinny and new. Well, reading my blog was an eye opener. I struggled ALL THE TIME. I struggled with running, with little cheats here and there, doubts that it was worth it, and in the end I managed to lose weight and feel better overall. I needed this inspiration from myself. To read this basically gave me the kick in the pants I have been needed lately to not feel so down on myself for not being as awesome as I used to be (memories are faulty).

This week has been pretty good as far as exercise and counting calories. I ran 3 miles without walking for the first time since I had my baby last year and (surprise) it wasn't as hard as I kept telling myself it would be. Next week will be a challenge, we leave for vacation for 6 days and I am already worried about how much weight I will gain and need to come up with some sort of realistic guideline for myself on how to not go crazy eating but also relax and not spend the whole time obsessing about every bite. Totally doable!

1 comment:

  1. What a good idea! I'm glad you were able to go back and remember what it was really like. I need to keep the same reminders too...it wasn't easy back then and I did it so I can do it now.

    ReplyDelete